2018 Table Tennis
All companies, organizations, nonprofits, schools and colleges are invited to participate in the new fun and exciting corporate event! All individuals are invited to participate in the singles and doubles events!
Date/Time: Friday, May 25 12 pm and 5:30 | Saturday May 26 10:00 am and 4:30 pm
Where: Western Gateway Park
Cost: $25 for Corporate, $10 for Doubles Entries & $10 for singles
Corporate Tournament: Friday, May 25 12 pm
- 3 to 4 players per team (not required, but matching company/organization team shirts would be nice).
- Best of 5 matches (4 singles & 1 doubles). Each match is best of 3 out of 5 games. Once one team has reached 3 match wins, no further matches are played.
- If there are 6 teams or less, each team will play every team. If there are 7 or 8 teams, we will have round robins of 3 or 4 teams and the top two teams will advance to the semi-finals.
- The order of play is A v X, B v Y, doubles, A v Y & B v X
- Prize: A traveling trophy is awarded to the winning team. This trophy must be brought back next year to give out to the new winning team.
Doubles & Singles Tournaments: Friday, May 25, 5:30 p.m (doubles) & Saturday May 26 10:00 am and 4:30 pm (singles)
- Best of 3 out of 5 games (Each game to 11 points). Round Robin Format. 3 to 5 players per round robin.
- Prize: Trophies for top 3 winners in each Singles event & Medals for each Doubles event. Advanced Singles has a $50 cash prize for 1st place
USATT rules apply to all matches.
Please bring your own paddles. Balls are provided.
Register: Click here to register. For Corporate tournament, please provide the company name and player(s) information. All contestants MUST complete liability waivers prior to the competition.
Click here to view current list of participants.
CelebrAsian is a unique opportunity to experience the rich and diverse Asian cultures right here in Iowa. In past years, over 60,000 people attended this two-day event in Des Moines. Admission into CelebrAsian is free and the day is packed with authentic Asian foods, crafts, children’s games, sports, cooking demonstrations, traditional and contemporary stage performances and of course, table tennis. Please come and share your table tennis skills, and be a part of the largest Asian event in Iowa!